Re: Testing & A Suggestion :)

I am not sure if this is what you mena, but I would LOVE to see this feautre.

Basically, have all of the running GUI apps in a  window, grouped by type (so if
netscape and terminal are running then you would see just those two, not every
window).

Then, there is a second level to the drop-down that shows each app's windows.  So
if netscape has three windows, it would look like:

APPLET
Hide Netscape
All windows here

______________________________________
|Netscape      >|>    Gnome.org     1|
|Gnome Term    >|     mozilla.org   1|
|_______________|     slashdot.org  2|

kind of like macos, but add the ability to go to particular window immediately,
and show which desktop they are on (the number to the right).

Also, you could then issue commands (hide all netscape, or show all netscape, or
whatever) based on that.

I find the macos way of handling apps very good, but if synthesized with
(presumably) BeOS ways of doing it, I think it could be even more powerful and
easy to manage a desktop.

me,
delmar watkins