Testing & A Suggestion :)

Hi this message is two fold:

1) I joined the list yesterday, and theres been no signs of life! is
anyone out there?

Secondly, a suggestion, to avoid flames from people :)

This comes about from viewing the slashdot pointer to a comparison of
Whistler/Gnome/Kde - and one feature seemed really nice to me (i'm at
a dumb terminal so giving URLS is not really possible here, sorry! but
it's an article from 1-2 days ago)

Anyway, Whistler had a nice idea (which, was later clarified in posts,
as a 'stole-from-BeOS' feature) regarding its tasklist.
	If there were numerous copies of a windows open (e.g. in their
screenshots , IE) - instead of having a clutter of them, it made a
single entry in the tasklist, that was a drop-up list with more
details (presumeably - I didn't find a screenshot where it was
actually dropped up) about the program.
	Personally, I think this would be a great addition to the
deskguide/tasklist: It takes a while to find windows now, if you have
several workspaces going on (flipping through each window). Any
suggestions, replies to this Idea?

Is it ludicrous? has it been done already? am I an idiot?

Also, can we make the gnome panel more keyboard friendly? (Thats a
really ambiguous question, but I don't know any way of using they
keyboard to get at a panel).

Ok, thanks for listening!
Robert

--
Robert Schonberger robsc cse unsw edu au
2nd Year Software Engineering Student	Computing 1A tutor

	Well, he thought, since neither Aristotelian Logic nor the disciplines
of Science seemed to offer much hope, it's time to go beyond them...
	Drawing a few deep even breaths, he entered a mental state practiced
only by Masters of the Universal Way of Zen.  In it his mind floated freely,
able to rummage at will among the bits and pieces of data he had absorbed,
undistracted by any outside disturbances.  Logical structures no longer
inhibited him. Pre-conceptions, prejudices, ordinary human standards vanished.
All things, those previously trivial as well as those once thought important,
became absolutely equal by acquiring an absolute value, revealing relationships
not evident to ordinary vision.  Like beads strung on a string of their own
meaning, each thing pointed to its own common ground of existence, shared by
all.  Finally, each began to melt into each, staying itself while becoming
all others.  And Mind no longer contemplated Problem, but became Problem,
destroying Subject-Object by becoming them.
	Time passed, unheeded.
	Eventually, there was a tentative stirring, then a decisive one, and
Nakamura arose, a smile on his face and the light of laughter in his eyes.
		-- Wayfarer