Re: Err..To Desktop Or Not To Desktop?

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > don't take that as an attack on your style guide. not knowing what's in
> -->((I dont. Your criticism is constructive, and I understand your point.))

thanks, I hoped for that.

> My point is, to toss out PORTIONS of the style guide, for public review,
> before the WHOLE style guide has been written is a mistake -- You cant
> complete such a document one chunk at a time.

I understand your point. and maybe you are right because you do have the
experience in this type of business.
I still don't agree and that is why I will start to do some work of my own.
the best thing that can happen is that it will lead to some synergetic
effects and the overall end result gets better.

I think one CAN produce a style guide in parts and successive refinement.
let's just try and see if I'm right.

> In what way is this going to be secret? I dont see it as "secretive" at
> all.

I didn't want to use the word "closed", but that's what it is. nobody is
seing it until it is finished. again: maybe that really is necessary, but I
do not think so and looking at the feedback it looks like I'm not the only
one.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.