Re: Err..To Desktop Or Not To Desktop?

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > But we're NOT The People.  We're the programmers.  We should be
> > closer to the Style Guide than they are.
>
> No, you shouldn't. Here's why. Your position of importance (and yes, it is
> a position of importance) happens to be no greater than that of any
> current, or potential user.

if that is your position, then I will start today writing a style guide of
my own and publishing every step of its development. this is the way free
software works.

don't take that as an attack on your style guide. not knowing what's in
there, I can hardly attack that. you can even profit from this by listening
to the discussion at those points that are close to some in yours. and once
we are finished (I have no doubt the common effort will be faster than your
solo work) we can decide on which version is the better one. maybe in the
end you are right and it was necessary to keep it secret.

I just don't agree on keeping the style guide secret. and instead of
continuing any flames, I'll start something of my own.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.