Re: Err..To Desktop Or Not To Desktop?

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:

>    So, you have the mailing list, and you have the ability to register
>    vote with the others. The Style Guide, the rest of us have almost
>    unanimously agreed, MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE HANDS OF THE PEOPLE
>    IN A FULLY-FORMED STATE. Read: Not *final* draft. Not even *rough*
>    draft. Why does it have to be this way? Because if we sat here, and
>    publically argued and debated every single line of the Style Guide
>    as it were written, the whole process would become so unbelievably
>    bogged down that we'd literally be here for years arguing it out.

It must be a *final* draft if you have no input from the GNOME UI list on
the style guide this is IMHO a law of bazar style writing. The style guide
will be a moving target even after you release it if you continue as it
stands. Most of us do not intend to argue over minor points. Heck, I am
only here to make sure that you guys take internationalisation into
account, but I have followed the debate and I am getting unpleasant
feelings about this. Well, before I start flaming anyone I would like to
here Bowie's definition of "FINAL DRAFT" and "FULLY-FORMED", as I suspect
that much of the disagreement stems from the use of these terms.

> Be my guest. I find the creative process fascinating. Thats why I get

That was completeley unnessesary.

Martin

Martin Wahlén		Sound Foundation Inc.	    tel.    (613) 563-2226
mwahlen@soundfound.com  152 Hawthorne Ave.          fax.    (613) 563-2228
www.soundfound.com      K1S 0B3