How To Build A Style-Guide 101.

> It must be a *final* draft if you have no input from the GNOME UI list on
> the style guide this is IMHO a law of bazar style writing. The style guide
> will be a moving target even after you release it if you continue as it
> stands. Most of us do not intend to argue over minor points. Heck, I am
> only here to make sure that you guys take internationalisation into
> account, but I have followed the debate and I am getting unpleasant
> feelings about this. Well, before I start flaming anyone I would like to
> here Bowie's definition of "FINAL DRAFT" and "FULLY-FORMED", as I suspect
> that much of the disagreement stems from the use of these terms.
>
> Martin

Gladly. And thank you for asking me to clarify.

By "fully formed", I mean "a style guide which contains all the necessary
components that the GNOME Style Guide should address." ...A pre-pre-Rough
Draft. That is, a document which contains all the necessary ingredients,
but must first be twiddled with by all of us, into a picture we can all be
satisfied with in the end. A "fully formed" style guide is like a recipe
on a 3X5 card. We now have the ingredients mixed into the bowl.

--

By "final draft", I'm referring to the cake after we pull it out of the
oven, after X number of trials. Once a fully formed style guide can be

This process of re-release, re-examination, and re-writing continues until
we have a document that is as close to being 100% pure as we can
reasonably achieve. Once that point is reached, we have a >> FINAL
DRAFT << ..It is then, when we all have a chance to vote on it; And if we
like it, whammo -- We now have the Official GNOME User Interface Style
Guide, Version 2.0.

Hope this helps,

Bowie