Re: Panel Configuration

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 07:54:39PM +0200, Joachim Schlesener wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment (CVS 980722) there are two places, to configure the
> panel:
> (1) The panel submenu in the main panel menu.
> (2) The context menu by rightclicking on an empty place in the panel.
>
> I suggest, that these two menus should be identical. At the moment
> they are not. In (1) there is missing one entry (Eigenschaften in
> german). In (2) there are missing the entries for adding an app or
> applet and for a new panel.

they are now identical ...  (as of yesterday)

> I find it a bit confusing that to add an Drawer panel is found under `Add new
> panel', because the Drawer will be part of the actual panel whereas
> the other panel types will be really new ones by their own. I suggest
> to move the entry ´Add drawer´ to the main panel menu, at least for me
> it sounds more logical.

I've pondered this too, but this seemed the only way to not have clutter
in the menus

> At last I suggest to add an entry to the 'start' button context menu
> called ´configure' that will show up the Menu editor.

I have also considered this ...

once I make the menu properties this is likely to follow

I have many more changes to the menus that I want to do .... I'll see when
I get to them

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: