Re: To answer your question about the upcoming Style-Guide...

* George
| On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 08:39:28AM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
| > | Microsoft SEVERELY SEVERELY SEVERELY mucked up the Start Menu by not
| > | suggesting categorize-by-category.  GNOME *cannot* make this mistake :-)
| >
| > This is very easy. Don't implement it. The popup menus on root display
| > is far faster.
|
| it already is implemented ... I can't see why people call it the start
| menu though .. it's just a menu ... if it was a popup on root it would
| most likely take some serious cooperation with the windowmanager ...

No I don't suggest to make a new popup menu but the one that the
windowmanager provides.

| plust noone is taking that away ... the window manager could just read
| gnome menus and you'd have it both on the panel and on root menu ..
| and you can always remove the menu applet

The panel is ok, but I don't like the idea of a start menu like win95

| > Well some of us had (I'm not sure I want to anymore as GNOME starts to
| > sound like a M$ product) plans to make apps for Gnome.
|
| I would like to know what sounds like an MS product? ... as far as I know
| most gnome guys either don't know or don't really enjoy windows look/feel
| ... (except for miguel who seems to be obsessed with excel:) ... I don't
| even know how to use win95 ... (well I can shut it down to get a lilo
| prompt on some of our workstations, but that's about where my win95
| knowledge ends)

Making voiced tours, wizards etc...

--
Preben Randhol                    | Linux was made by foreign terrorists
Tlf    73940929/(735)94076 [arb]  | to take money from true US