Re: Gnome UI Standard

* Ryan Cresawn
| I propose that only applications which meet the Gnome UI Standard,
| which has yet to be defined, should be included in Gnome.  Any
| application using GTK but not meeting the Gnome UI Standard will not
| have the privilege of being included in the default Gnome
| installation.  Maybe there should be a Gnome UI test which each GTK
| application would have to meet before being included with Gnome.

Which is the reason why I think the "porting" of an GTK app to a Gnome
app should be as smooth and painless for the programmer as
possible. Otherwise there will be a lot of GTK apps that won't make it
to Gnome. Getting together some documentation on writing Gnome apps
would be a start.

Preben Randhol                    | Gå til kilden.
Tlf    73940929/(735)94076 [arb]  |
Email            |        <>      |