Re: Style Guide suggestion

Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn wrote:

>         There are at least two types of options.  The first is application
> wide...  The second is document wide.  (This works for many applications.
> A document could be a connection to a server, a document group, etc.)
> These DOCUMENT preferences should probably be in the File|Preferences
> menu.  Application wide preferences should be somewhere else.

Document preferences should be called Properties and be located in the
File menu.

For applications that edit documents there should be a Edit|Preferences
menu item.

I am no sure if having both Preferences and Properties in the File menu
is a good idea.

For applications that do not edit other documents and probabably don't
have Edit menu we could have File|Properties or File|Preferences.
I am not sure.

Mark
--
... null