Re: Menu Bar Style Guide

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> >  > 2) Help menu should not be right aligned. Currently this is very
> >  > iconsistent between current apps. Most use left aligned, but several do
> >  > not.
> >
> > Yeah, I agree there.  I continually forget about the Help menu.
>
> Wait Wait Wait.
>
> The Help menu goes on the right.  That is how we have been doing it
> for ages, and if an application is not doing that, it is broken and
> should be fixed.
>
> Miguel.
>
> --

   Personally, I think Miguel is just being argumentative. ;-0  I do
agree though; I prefer the Help menu to be right-aligned.  Perhaps right
next to it we could do an 'addmenuitem<Preferences>.  Unconventional?
sure, but it would end this under file or under edit debate.  Barring
that, I say definitely NOT under File.  I (as a user) would assume
preferences under File to mean document preferences. (Yeah, I want 8
character tabs)
--

Tim
-----