another UI annoyance

Hi!,

I actually have a couple of questions with respect to the gnome UI.. First
of all, with all of this talk about system wide preferences, I'd like to
throw my $0.02 in too..

I think it would be good to have an option to be able to turn off those tabs
on the left side of menu bars that let them be undocked.. I personally (and
im sure others do too) have no need for these... Another alternative may be
to be able to make that tab collapse the menubar (similar to the way
netscape does it in communicator).

Another question I was wondering is if Gnome/Gtk allows you to bind function
keys? I havent been able to do this and was wondering if it was possible
and, if not, why not?

Thanks for listening to me whine =)

Paul Duran