Re: Menu Premise (was Re: tmfkap, File, &c)

John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> wrote:
> > My experience suggests that task-oriented approaches make common tasks
> > faster, but can lead to uncommon tasks being irritatingly hard to
> > find.  On the other hand, scope-oriented approaches can lead to
> > artificial distinctions, especially with respect to operations which
> > cross established scope lines.
>
> Makes sense.  Know of any other approaches to menu layout?
>
> Do we dare consider a configureable option to switch between the
> two?  Click a checkbox and you're in Task Menu mode...click it
> again and you're in Scope-menu mode.  Make it a GNOME-wide
> default, overridable on the application level.
>
> Am I full of hooey?  (c:

themeable menus?

I've thrown this in two or three times already and would like to put it up
as a real proposal now: "GNOME should have theme-able menus".

a "theme" to me is a way to define and change configurations easily, while
retaining consistency. the way a gtk theme (still in development, I think)
can have round or colored or 6-sided buttons, but will always have buttons
that always can be clicked, never need to be dragged or whatelse.

		-- Henry Spencer