Re: Menu Premise (was Re: tmfkap, File, &c)

"John" == John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> writes:

John> No, you've cut right to the point.  I think the core of the menu
John> premise should be whether the menus should be organized
John> according to scope, or to task.  I don't have any specific ideas
John> yet.  Does anyone else?

My experience suggests that task-oriented approaches make common tasks
faster, but can lead to uncommon tasks being irritatingly hard to
find.  On the other hand, scope-oriented approaches can lead to
artificial distinctions, especially with respect to operations which
cross established scope lines.