Re: RSG, draft three

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >> By
> >> extension, I think that any File menu that doesn't include an Exit option
> >> will be considered wrong by the user.  The user will see this as a bug,
> >> complain, bitch, and then return to his comfortable monopoly.
> >
> >the last point: do you KNOW that (how?) or are you ASSUMING? remember the
> >interface hall of shame quote.
>

> I put copy/paste in a different category than EVERYTHING else I've
> suggested.  It's something I find so critical in GUIs that it's the only
> thing in my life that has made me stand up and walk away from a unix box.
> (I was in the middle of a deadline'd computer programming project, I hit
> Copy on a batch of perl code in netscape, then paste in the CDE text editor,
> and nothing happened.  What'd I do?  I walked away and went to my nice
> consistent NT interface.)

first: I was NOT talking about copy. what do you guess I meant by "the last
point"? the first one?

second: you DO know that left-mouse-button, mark text, move to text editor,
click middle-mouse-button would have done it? :)

but then, we were not talking about copy. try again?

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.