Re: RSG, draft three

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > the very good example of  kai's power tools was mentioned. just because
> > someone found a better way to do his specific things doesn't mean he's
> > wrong, does it?
>
> Absolutely not. This is what i'm saying -- The lowest-compliancy level
> should also be flexible enough to encompass tuff LIKE Kai's Power Tools.
> While being GNOME-Compliant, theyre simply different. To leave them off
> the boat because theyre simply "original" is a mistake, imho. Kai's Power
> Tools would be classified as a "Level 5 Compliant" app under the UISG.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but, wouldnt the same app be
> completely non-compliant under the RGSG?

no, it wouldn't - because of the very sentence we are talking about. because
we allow exceptions and because  I DO believe that there is NO way to write
up C1 and C2 compliance levels in a way that allows exotics like kpt to be
compliant without allowing nearly everything. that's WHY we allow
exceptions.

and the UISG compliance is because there isn't much in there yet, no? :)

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.