Re: irc summary

>> LonelyT hated the meeting more than you can imagine.
>
>doesn't matter. he said a  couple of interesting things and that's all that
>counts.

Good point.
>> Lets not forget, this was a conference that brought a new batch of people
up
>> to speed on the happenings of GNOME.  In two weeks, the UISG will have
quite
>> a bit more to show, and much more for the public to comment upon.
>
>you're moving slow there. two weeks  and "a bit more" ? this  list is
>already going into details for some points, I hope you guys don't get left
>behind.

Don't worry about us getting left behind, Tom.  I came on only a few days
ago, and Bill just joined us as well.  Besides, we have the excellent
contributions from the PSG.

>> My stuff...lesse, runbox, keybox/keythemes, screenplays, macro recording
on
>> the library level(I've come to agree with the Xlab guy here),
collaborative
>> applications, the minbar, and explaining the motivation behind all
actions
>> as well as rebutting counterarguments...there, harvest all of 'em and
>> anything else I forgot :-)
>
>screenplays are in  as a c5 point. other than that I only put stuff in that
>was discussed on the list, because I want to  have heard  at least three
>opinions on it.

In that case, you'll only get stuff people disagree with...people usually
speak up more often when the disagree than if they agree.

>> Can we agree to dump C1 through C5?  It's just *too* confusing, man...
>
>is it? you're the first  to say that, if memory serves correctly.
>
>go to sleep. maybe it's less confusing afterwards. :)

OK, OFFICIALLY, does *ANYBODY AT ALL* think it's a good idea to have C2 be
an abbreviation for Complaince Level 2 for GNOME when in the NT world C2 is
a rating that Microsoft cheated to get for itself?

Are you guys SURE we should associate ourselves with a cheated rating,
especially considering Linux itself will eventually get rated C2 as a whole,
for *real*?