RE: Gnome Key Binding Standard

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Paul Hepworth wrote:

> The specific bindings are not important; they are user-configurable
> (globally).
> What is important is that these bindings exist.

	Yes...  But we have to recognise that we ARE using UNIX.  Why
should we (by default) alienate UNIX users by getting rid of the default
key bindings they are used to?  Also, since people won't usually change
their bindings, people will get confused if they have to type in another's
account.  (Which can happen when working on projects together.)

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.