Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

On 19/01/2016 04:01 μμ, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
Does startx use flashback script file? Or it use directly gnome-session?

Unfortunately it appears that startx runs Xsession which runs /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager which is a symlink to /usr/bin/gnome-session. So /usr/lib/gnome-flashback/gnome-flashback-metacity is not executed at all in this case.

Will this be enough?:

    #!/bin/sh

    if [ -z "$XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP" ]; then
       export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME-Flashback:GNOME
    fi

    exec gnome-session --session=gnome-flashback-metacity
    --disable-acceleration-check "$@"

With x2go it was enough (note the quotes I added).
Having ":GNOME" instead of ":Unity" there made the menu fonts lighter, I don't know if it also changed something else.

Thanks,
Alkis