Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

On 18/01/2016 05:52 μμ, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:

Thanks! Problem is 1.2 version...

Can you test if this fixes problem fully or there is/will be other
problems?:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-flashback/commit/?id=14bd500e560d7aef62dfeeac0e87574d702c6d86

Thank you Alberts,

it worked fine with regards to xrandr,
yet the problem with the XDG* variables still exists. Details:

1) I applied the patch:
apt-get source gnome-flashback
apt-get build-dep gnome-flashback
apply patch
debuild -b -tc
dpkg -i ../gnome-flashback*.deb

2) I tried x2go, it showed a desktop but without the menus.

3) I edited /usr/lib/gnome-flashback/gnome-flashback-metacity:
#! /bin/sh
+export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME-Flashback:Unity DESKTOP_SESSION=gnome-flashback-metacity exec gnome-session --session=gnome-flashback-metacity --disable-acceleration-check "$@"

4) I tried x2go and it worked fine, it even had my specified 1024x768 resolution as the default one.

I know that it's expected from display managers to set all the XDG* variables. But can't gnome-flashback take care that it still works fine if they don't? E.g. if the user runs plain `startx`?

I.e. lets please set those ^ XDG variables in /usr/lib/gnome-flashback/gnome-flashback-metacity, at least when they're unset...

Cheers,
Alkis