Re: [gnome-flashback] Indicator Applet

I was trying to build indicator-applet (from bzr -- i rarely use tarbals)
with jhbuild on an Ubuntu LTS 14.04 with Gnome 3.16 target. The problem as I
see it is this:

 * indicator-applet uses libido
 * libido requires GTK+

I did not build libido with jhbuild but just installed the -dev source with
apt. Now when jhbuild tried to link indicator-applet it complained that the
above function was not available (in libido? not sure anymore). So I tried
to build lastest libido from bzr, but that had its own problem, because
libido requires a patched GTK+ but I had build the vanilla GTK+ from
jhbuild.

An ido build log will be helpful.

In the end I gave up and wrote that mail to you. The result right now is,
that in my jhbuild session I can test the latest version of gnome-flashback
but I do not have indicator-applet available and I would like to use it.

I don't think it makes sense to do what you are doing. Even if you
build everything against non-patched Gtk, there are no guarantees it
will work after that.

So I think you should either compile Gtk with Ubuntu patches, or wait
for the official 3.16 packages (for Ubuntu 15.10), which I plan to
upload soon.