Re: [gnome-flashback] invisible borders in metacity

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 02:03:04 +0200, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
> Now wip/gtk-theme needs to be tested (again). I think it works more or less
> good when compositing manager is available. But I guess we need solution
> for users without compositing manager...

Tested, works fine (both with and without compositing).

Tested Adwaita, Ambiance and Gtk+ themes.

Thanks!

> 1. There is no borders and no shadow - it does not look good.
> 2. There is no way to resize (with mouse) CSD windows. And for decorations
> that are created with metacity only titlebar can be used for resizing.
>
> We could do this:
> 1) Add to all windows 1px or 2px borders. It looks like GTK+ csd windows
> are border only windows when compositing manager is not available. But what
> color should we use? For example Adwaita theme does not have background
> color for .window-frame...

If the theme does not have a color, you can fall back to something neutral
(like 0x7f7f7f).

> 2) Remove rounded borders. I guess we want that all windows looks similar,
> right?

Why? I don't see anything wrong with *some* windows having rounded borders.

So all apps looks similar. I think it will not look good when csd windows will not have rounded corners but others will have.

> Something else that should be fixed and/or done before this goes to master?

Not that I know of.

> Unrelated problems I have found:
> 1) If csd windows are placed at screen edges then after running 'metacity
> --replace' these windows will be moved.
> 2) There is something wrong with compositor. Try to play with xeyes, olock,
> google chrome and/or with any other application that is using shapes.

2) — do you mean that they have unneeded decorations?
Is that a regression or was it always the behavior in metacity?

No, decorations is not problem.

Open xeyes.
1) Then maximize window. Does it work?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cllfd193ewfby1n/Screenshot%20from%202015-01-21%2023%3A30%3A45.png?dl=0

And it is not regression, at least not by me. I can reproduce it in ubuntu 12.04 (virtualbox) where metacity version is 2.34.1.