Re: [gnome-flashback] invisible borders in metacity

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi Alberts,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:28:07 +0200, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
> I have created new branch for invisible borders - wip/invisible-borders. I
> would like that this branch is tested by someone else before I push it to
> master.
>
> Invisible borders will be available only with compositing manager, but
> metacity needs to be tested with and without compositing manager.

I have tested that branch, works fine (tested both with and without
compositing manager). Thanks for your work!

Thanks for testing!

Now wip/gtk-theme needs to be tested (again). I think it works more or less good when compositing manager is available. But I guess we need solution for users without compositing manager...

1. There is no borders and no shadow - it does not look good.
2. There is no way to resize (with mouse) CSD windows. And for decorations that are created with metacity only titlebar can be used for resizing.

We could do this:
1) Add to all windows 1px or 2px borders. It looks like GTK+ csd windows are border only windows when compositing manager is not available. But what color should we use? For example Adwaita theme does not have background color for .window-frame...
2) Remove rounded borders. I guess we want that all windows looks similar, right?

Something else that should be fixed and/or done before this goes to master?

Unrelated problems I have found:
1) If csd windows are placed at screen edges then after running 'metacity --replace' these windows will be moved.
2) There is something wrong with compositor. Try to play with xeyes, olock, google chrome and/or with any other application that is using shapes.