Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

On 14/12/2015 10:51 μμ, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
Thanks!

As workaround:
gsettings set org.gnome.gnome-flashback display-config false

Thank you Alberts, you're great, this solved the crash.

Next I ran:
nano /usr/lib/gnome-flashback/gnome-flashback-metacity

and I inserted those:
export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME-Flashback:Unity
export DESKTOP_SESSION=gnome-flashback-metacity

Now x2go runs fine when I tell it to run a custom session:
/usr/lib/gnome-flashback/gnome-flashback-metacity

I wonder though, why do display managers or x2go need to define those environment variables, when they explicitly run e.g. gnome-flashback-metacity?

Eugene San, you might want to notify the x2go people about that ^,
so that we users don't have to do anything to get gnome-flashback up and running under x2go.

Cheers!