Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Eugene San <eugenesan gmail com> wrote:
X2GO is a remote X solution. For purpose of this thread it should be seen as a regular X server.
I've also validated that VNC server behaves exactly the same.

I am attaching X startup script and session log with hope someone can help.

Your XDG line should be:

export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP="GNOME-Flashback:Unity"

or

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP="GNOME-Flashback:Unity"
export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP

.

Can somebody tell me if login managers doing anything special regarding session setup? What can be the difference between starting session in bare X and via login manager?

One thing they do is set XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP environment variable. Your startup script does not set it correctly as I see this line in log:

gnome-session-binary[2147]: DEBUG(+): GsmManager: Phase PANEL
gnome-session-binary[2147]: DEBUG(+): app /org/gnome/SessionManager/App3 is not for the current desktop
gnome-session-binary[2147]: DEBUG(+): GsmManager:    ID: /org/gnome/SessionManager/App3    app-id:gnome-panel.desktop    is-disabled:1    is-conditionally-disabled:0    is-delayed:0

gnome-panel is disabled...

Regards.