Re: [gnome-flashback] State of Gnome Flashback

Am 25.05.2014 16:29, schrieb Dmitry Shachnev:
I *am* testing the git snapshots on Debian experimental and Ubuntu 14.04.
It mostly works well, on Debian there are some issues like keyboard
layout switching not working,
*but* it is definitely better than our current release (3.8.0).

Good to hear that. Could you prepare a list of which version of relevant
components (g-s-d, g-c-c etc.) you have installed on each distribution,
and which regressions you see where ?

Also, by "git snapshots" I assume you mean master, right ?

Re the version number, I think we should choose 3.8.1 as there aren't
any new features, just bug fixes.
Yes, but if I am not mistaken, we still have ABI breaking commits in
master, that were not reverted. So then we cannot release 3.8.1 without
either reverting those, or releasing from the 3.8 branch, with some
fixes cherry-picked to it.

Also the version number should reflect what gnome ecosystem we recommend
as a base, but that consideration is secondary to our ABI guarantees.

Cheers
  Philipp

--
Philipp Kaluza