Re: [gnome-flashback] Shortcuts / Hotkeys for Menu broken?

Hi Dmitry,

On 26/05/14 07:46, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Lanoxx <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:
Quite strange — the file that corresponds to "System" tab is
tree/panels/keyboard/01-system.xml.in
(https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/tree/panels/keyboard/01-system.xml.in),
and that file is identical in the current g-c-c git, the patched g-c-c
in Ubuntu 13.10 and unity-c-c, in all three places it just has "log
out" and "lock screen" entries. So I don't know how it could happen
that you have two additional entries. Maybe you were using some
third-party PPA?

Thanks to your help I found the cause. It seems that other applications
can register their own shortcuts by installing files to
/usr/share/gnome-control-center/keybindings. Because Ubuntu 14.04 uses
Unity Control Center by default the keybindings installed into
g-c-c/keybindings are ignored by u-c-c. In u-c-c/keybindings there are
symlinks to the files in g-c-c, but the metacity shortcuts were not
symlinked, so they don't appear.

It would be nice to get this back in the keyboard section of the control
center.

It would be nice to find out the origin of your patch, but meanwhile I
created this branch for unity-c-c (which is only used in Ubuntu):
lp:~mitya57/unity-control-center/main-menu-and-run-dialog

They come from the following file:
/usr/share/gnome-control-center/keybindings/50-metacity-system.xml

which is shipped by metacity:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/metacity/tree/src/50-metacity-system.xml.in

I just checked and the file is present on both systems. I have now
manually created the necessary symlink and now the shortcuts appear in
the shortcuts tab of u-c-c. I am building gnome-panel and metacity both
from git, but I think thats not the reason. I also have the original
metacity package installed, so u-c-c should pick that up and create the
symlinks?

P.S. Alberts pushed a fix for the clock applet today that refreshed the
locations after a new location has been added, did you see that?

Yes, good work Alberts :) I'm waiting for the new release discussion
to finish, and then I'll either use the new release, or package a Git
snapshot.