Re: [gnome-flashback] Shortcuts / Hotkeys for Menu broken?

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Lanoxx <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:
thanks a lot, that fixed it. But I am interested why there is no longer a
way to configure this in the control panels keyboard panel. I have attached
two images one from Ubuntu 13.10 currently running on my notebook and one
from 14.04 currently running on my desktop.

As you can see there was a way to register the menu shortcut on Ubuntu
13.10, but not anymore on 14.04. The text says "Show the activities
overview" so I assume it was intended for Gnome Shell, but it also worked
for Gnome Panel.

Quite strange — the file that corresponds to "System" tab is
tree/panels/keyboard/01-system.xml.in
(https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/tree/panels/keyboard/01-system.xml.in),
and that file is identical in the current g-c-c git, the patched g-c-c
in Ubuntu 13.10 and unity-c-c, in all three places it just has "log
out" and "lock screen" entries. So I don't know how it could happen
that you have two additional entries. Maybe you were using some
third-party PPA?

It would be nice to get this back in the keyboard section of the control
center.

It would be nice to find out the origin of your patch, but meanwhile I
created this branch for unity-c-c (which is only used in Ubuntu):
lp:~mitya57/unity-control-center/main-menu-and-run-dialog

P.S. Alberts pushed a fix for the clock applet today that refreshed the
locations after a new location has been added, did you see that?

Yes, good work Alberts :) I'm waiting for the new release discussion
to finish, and then I'll either use the new release, or package a Git
snapshot.