Re: [gnome-flashback] Gnome Flashback

in-line :-

On 5/22/14, Alberts Muktupāvels <alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:

 > I have gave attempt to port gtk-window-decorator to gtk3 so it can be
used
with new metacity release. There are still some things to fix, before
it
could be merged, but I think that most work I have done already.

https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsmuktupavels/compiz/port-gtk-window-decorator-to-gtk3

Wow, that's really nice!

Anyone interested in testing? Both running with metacity theme and running
with cairo theme. Can be changed in dconf Editor
(org.compiz.gwd.use-metacity-theme). I know that from time to time using
metacity theme decorator will crash and at least for now I don't know why.
:(

Hi all,
I would be interested in testing *provided* though that the new
versions of metacity and gnome-panel are debianized and have clear
instructions as to how the installation should be.

An alternative way could be if @Dmitry Shachnev would upload the new
versions of metacity and gnome-panel indicating that they have some
fixes that need testing before going to sid and testing. In both there
is nothing in experimental branch for both the binaries.

 $ apt-show-versions -a metacity
metacity:amd64 1:2.34.13-1 install ok installed
metacity:amd64 1:2.34.13-1 jessie   debian.ec.as6453.net
No testing-updates version
metacity:amd64 1:2.34.13-1 unstable debian.ec.as6453.net
No experimental version

$ apt-show-versions -a gnome-panel
gnome-panel:amd64 3.8.0-3+b1 install ok installed
gnome-panel:amd64 3.8.0-3+b1 jessie   debian.ec.as6453.net
No testing-updates version
gnome-panel:amd64 3.8.0-3+b1 unstable debian.ec.as6453.net
No experimental version
gnome-panel:amd64/jessie 3.8.0-3+b1 uptodate

I have sources for sid and exp. in my /etc/apt/sources.list

gnome-panel.
I think master can be released as new release. Some patches from there
are
already used in ubuntu, debian and maybe in other distros as well.

Exactly what I suggested in my message some days ago :)

I know. I did read it. :)

 > I am ready to push some new patches:
1. Patch that will add all gnome-applets in gnome-panel (about 18mb
big). I
think null_applet could be deleted, but for now I did not delete it.
2. Patch that makes gweather applet to work with newer libgweather
version.

I did read about gnome-applets on the gnome-flashback page but it's
rather thin on which applets are good.

With this patch I also changed libgweather required version to 3.9.5.
3. Sebastian send me patch with little update for run dialog. Currently
known application list is not expanding vertically. His patch will fix
that.

I think you should always go ahead with bug fixes.

Ok! Just pushed Sebastian's patch.

What you think about idea of adding gnome-applets in gnome-panel package?
At least there were such idea -
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeFlashback.

Look forward to a new release in experimental (and hopefully they will
build with all the transitions taking place for GNOME 3.12 to come to
jessie.)

Till l8er.
--
          Regards,