Re: [gnome-flashback] Gnome Flashback

Hey,

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
Hi!

Dear maintainers are you still interested in gnome flashback project or not?
How about some new releases for metacity and gnome-panel?

Phillip, half year ago you wanted to release new version. What happened?
Have I offended you?

metacity.
I have working gtk3 port - https://github.com/albertsmuktupavels/metacity.

Did you try to contact Florian, who is the current maintainer? Maybe
he'll allow you to take over metacity maintainership.
(And I think he is not subscribed to this list).

I have gave attempt to port gtk-window-decorator to gtk3 so it can be used
with new metacity release. There are still some things to fix, before it
could be merged, but I think that most work I have done already.
https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsmuktupavels/compiz/port-gtk-window-decorator-to-gtk3

Wow, that's really nice!

gnome-panel.
I think master can be released as new release. Some patches from there are
already used in ubuntu, debian and maybe in other distros as well.

Exactly what I suggested in my message some days ago :)

I am ready to push some new patches:
1. Patch that will add all gnome-applets in gnome-panel (about 18mb big). I
think null_applet could be deleted, but for now I did not delete it.
2. Patch that makes gweather applet to work with newer libgweather version.
With this patch I also changed libgweather required version to 3.9.5.
3. Sebastian send me patch with little update for run dialog. Currently
known application list is not expanding vertically. His patch will fix that.

I think you should always go ahead with bug fixes.