Re: [gnome-flashback] EDS integration is broken in Gnome-panel's (3.8.x) clock-applet

Hi Khurshid,

But if there are multiple events, it's using scrollbar instead automatically expanding to accommodate all calendar events (screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AY8m2wN.png) When did it happen? GTK+ issue? Theme issue?

It is 100% not theme issue.

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-panel/commit/applets/clock/calendar-window.c?id=7f9470c42ba1264667e8b4f916b3f157c6cd1e54

Not sure, but this might be at least one of commits that could caused this.
Before that commit: setup_list_size_constraint was used to connect to "size-request" signal. Height probably was updated when tasks was added and/or removed.
After that commit: setup_list_size_constraint is called only once when calendar window is created. Height is set to whatever was calculated at window creation time.

Did quick test and seems that setup_list_size_constraint is always setting requested height to 0 while I think it should set it to height required by for example 3 tasks. If there are many tasks it should be set to max_height calculated based on screen height.

Also setup_list_size_constraint function probably should be renamed to update_list_size. And then it should be called at least when tasks has changed to set correct minimum height for that list.

Or maybe I would revert this commit and then connect to size-allocate signal instead of size-request and set size request from there. After quick test height was updating and it stopped at calculated max height (making it scrollable).

This time I did not prepare patch, but might do it for ubuntu when I will have more time.