Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME Flashback

Am 10.07.2014 07:29, schrieb Dmitry Shachnev:

The "version with compiz" is not Gnome Flashback at all, and incorrectly
labeled as such downstream.

Any suggestion on better naming? When I proposed the naming here I did
not get any objections.

Not sure. I would prefer it if the brand "Gnome Flashback" did not
become diluted, but don't have any concrete advise on how to handle this
downstream. During the time I was an active Ubuntu user, the "compiz
experience" has never been branded consistently - but I'd focus on
compiz and not so much on gnome-panel than.

Would it help you if I shipped the gnome-flashback-compiz.desktop file
upstream (so it can collect translations), but not install it by default ?

Cheers
  Philipp

--
Philipp Kaluza