[gnome-flashback] GNOME Flashback

Hi!

I will continue to work on GNOME Flashback only as maintainer! If this is not going to happen then I am leaving upstream.

It is not normal that our maintainer can not find some time to fix bugs and/or make new releases.

In 9 months he has done nothing, but only criticized my work. He requires that I am doing everything 110% correctly and/or in best way. While he can not properly do some testing and incorrectly reports that EDS is working.

I have made mistakes and probably will make some in future too. But at least there will be some progress.

This is what I would do if I will be maintainer:
1) Fix some EDS related bugs.
2) Make 3.8.1 release.
3) Merge gnome-applets. Probably I will try to contact with gnome-applets current and/or previous maintainers to confirm that I am right about incorrectly added license (COPYING) file.
4) Not sure, but might try to port all added applets to gsettings.
5) If I will succeed with previous point I would remove remaining gconf parts too.
6) Make 3.9.0 release.
7) Spend some time on desktop-background branch to make it ready for merging into master.
8) Remove some multi-screen code that makes no sense with GTK+ 3.10 or newer.
9) Port at least some of deprecated things.
10) Might release 3.10.0 as experimental release for testing.
11) Will spend extra time on end-session-dialog. Probably here I would try to contact gnome-session developers for some extra info.
12) Might create default styling .css file for use only in gnome-panel to get back old look. I hope that this will be possible in way I am thinking.
13) At this point I hope that most important problems would be fixed and I could release 3.12 or 3.14.
14) Bug fixing, more missing feature restoring.

So I am asking to all Flashback users and developers subscribed to this mailing-list:

1) Who wants that I am continuing work on gnome-panel? Who wants me as new maintainer?

2) And who wants that things does not change? Who wants to watch how gnome-panel slowly dies.