Re: [gnome-flashback] ANNOUNCE: gnome-panel and gnome-flashback-session 3.8.1 release

Hi Dmitry,

Am 25.08.2014 um 12:13 schrieb Dmitry Shachnev:
In data/Makefile.am, you added gnome-flashback-compiz to
session_in_files, but not to session_DATA (so that it doesn't get
installed). Was it intentional?
Yes. This way you can install it just in the Ubuntu package, but it
still can collect translations in git.

The date seems too far from now. I would prefer to see gconf dropped
ASAP (Alberts has already got rid of gconf in his branches).
Maybe you would. I know that Alberts pushed forward on this in his own
branches, even though I had voiced major concerns about an unscheduled
ABI / API break. The fact remains that this deprecation was never
probably announced, and libpanel-applet has *tons* of rdepends. Those
are at least:
  workrave
  uim-applet-gnome
  sensors-applet
  link-monitor-applet
  gnubiff
  gnome-applets
  workrave
  uim-applet-gnome
  tracker-gui
  sensors-applet
  netspeed
  link-monitor-applet
  indicator-applet-session
  indicator-applet-complete
  indicator-applet-appmenu
  indicator-applet
  gnubiff
  gnote
  byzanz
  apt-watch-gnome
, possibly more in unstable / experimental / fedora. We should try to
get in contact with each and every one of them.

But if we don't manage to contact somebody, now we at least have a date
to aim at.

Cheers
  Philipp

--
Philipp Kaluza
Ghostroute IT Consulting

PS: Signing off now for a one-week vacation. See you all next week.