Re: [gnome-flashback] Future of Gnome Flashback

(I just subscribed to this listserv, so I cannot quote the original
email easily.)

Jonathan Carter wrote:
Any thoughts? Or in particular? Any good reasons to keep Flashback on
life support?

Thank you and everyone else for the work you have done.

I realize that this is the GNOME project and that GNOME doesn't
maintain existing releases for 5-10 years, but Linux distros do.
Ubuntu 14.04 will be using GNOME 3.10 until its support ends in April
2019. (Although technically Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 has its support end in
April 2017.) And if RHEL7 were released today, it would be using GNOME
3.8 until its support ends in April 2024. Although Gnome Flashback is
currently not in RHEL7 RC, I am confident it will make its way into
EPEL7. And there will always be people who will compile the latest
version from source on these distros.

Please maintain GNOME Panel 3.8 through bugfix patches, written either
by yourselves or by the community. Release 3.8.1 or 3.10 if you can.
It is better to have these life support maintenance patches on
git.gnome.org than to have them juggled around between distros.

Thanks,
Mike DePaulo