[gnome-flashback] Future of Gnome Flashback

Hi!

Mate has steadily been making its way into Debian and Ubuntu:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/01/mate-desktop-ubuntu-1404
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/mate-desktop

Originally there was a lot of doubt whether that would ever happen, and
I think that it negates the need for Flashback. Also, the upstream Gnome
software (like Nautilus, Gnome Control Center, etc) are diverging faster
and faster and either doesn't fit in or doesn't work well with Flashback
anymore. Not that it's a big surprise, it was going to come at some
point. But I think it's time to rather have a new, minimilistic Mate
session available for some of the usecases that Flashback was good for
and lay Flashback to rest.

Personally I never put in the amount of energy in to this that I
originally hoped to, and I think it might be better to put it to rest
than to drag it out much further.

Any thoughts? Or in particular? Any good reasons to keep Flashback on
life support?

-Jonathan