Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME 3.12

Regarding the autostarts not working with 3.12, perhaps this has something to do with gnome-session-properties being removed from gnome-session 3.12.

On 16/04/14 08:47, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
Hi Charles,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Charles Bos <charlesbos1 gmail com> wrote:
Hello all,

GNOME 3.12 has hit Arch and I've tested flashback with it. These are the
issues I've encountered so far.

Old issues (Issues with 3.10)
* no cursor unless the org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active is
set to false
* log off and power buttons do nothing
Does raw D-Bus call to org.gnome.SessionManager (which we are using)
work for you? Something like:

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.gnome.SessionManager
/org/gnome/SessionManager org.gnome.SessionManager.Logout

New issues (Issues with 3.12)
* impossible to set the background, it just stays a flat grey colour (that's
with the background helper - provided in Arch by
gnome-settings-daemon-compat - installed)
What does that package provide? Is that a fork of some old g-s-d
version (like one we have in Ubuntu)?

* lock screen button in the user menu does nothing (likewise, Ctrl+Alt+l and
Super+l do nothing even when gnome-screensaver is installed)
* network-manager-applet isn't autostarted
This should not be an issue with nm-applet ≥ 0.9.8.8.

* session crashes every two minutes (literally). I haven't got to the bottom
of that one yet.
Yeah, a stack trace will be helpful.

I currently maintain the gnome-panel package in the AUR. If there's an Arch
user around who has some fixes and wants me to disown I'm perfectly happy to
do so.