Re: [gnome-flashback] GNOME 3.12

Hi,

I couldn't a raw dbus call to work for me I'm afraid. I'll look into this further.

The gnome-settings-daemon-compat package we have in Arch provides a few of the old gnome fallback helpers from gsd 3.6.

To my point about nm-applet and gnome-screensaver. As far as I can tell, the problem is not with those components but with the new gnome-session itself. Nothing seems to be getting autostarted. If I run nm-applet in a terminal then the applet will appear and if I run gnome-screensaver then the lock screen button in the user menu will work so it is clearly autostarting in general that is the problem. The lockscreen keyboard shortcuts still won't work whatever I do..

The session crashes have something to do with nm-applet and notification-daemon. Normally when I connect to a wifi network a notification pops up saying that it successfully connected or something like that. With flashback on 3.12 the notification takes about 2 minutes to appear (much longer than normal) and upon appearance of the notification the session crashes. The problem isn't with all notifications. I can run a command like notify-send "Test" without causing a crash so the problem seems to be nm-applet related.

I'm rather busy atm but I'll try and get round to creating a stack trace.

Regards