Re: [gnome-flashback] metacity and gtk3

Hi László,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM, László Boros <iamsemmu gmail com> wrote:

Hi everyone!

It's great to see other devs interested in MATE! Porting metacity to GTK3 is my task,
but right now I had to pause it a bit, since I'm studying at a university and the semester
has begun, hence I don't really have time for it. I will continue to work on it, but first I
have to arrange things here, then I can focus on the porting.

By the way I found a metacity port on GNOME git under mutter, isn't that what you are
looking for? https://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/tag/?id=3.0.0 (you made me unsure a
bit, since that is the source I'm working "from", it is a great help)

When the work is done it will be merged back into mate-window-manager of course, but
I don't know if it will be merged into metacity.

What are differences between mate-window-manager and metacity? Are
there some enhancements in mate-window-manager that we can also
benefit from? Or, maybe, both projects can be merged?