Re: [gnome-flashback] Debug-ability; getting gnome-panel 3.8 out

Hi Philipp,

I finally found some time to try and compile gnome-panel. So far I am on Ubuntu 13.04 and I managed to check out git master and make and install the thing without a problem. Thank you for your comprehensive explanation.

I have a question about the following lines though, I think you got a typo there. What you probably meant to write was:
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/share/xsessions/gnome-fallback.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/gnome-fallback.desktop

    sudo ln -s /usr/local/share/xsessions/gnome-fallback.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/ <--- something missing here?
but that would overwrite my existing session file, or not? Can I just name the symlink gnome-fallback2.desktop or will that break the session?

So after I have created the symlinks properly I just logout and login again with the new session right? Or is is possible to just start the newly compiled gnome-panel from the shell without loging out?

Regards
Sebastian