Re: Work in progress documentation design

Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org> wrote:
We're assuming that getting started was primarily intended to help
existing GNOME users migrate to GNOME 3, and that the majority will
have done so.

What about users migrating from other environments and systems? Are we no
longer interested in providing them with a good getting started experience?

I've already stated that I think that static images provide a good experience.

Arguing that documentation without video is substandard seems odd,
considering that the vast majority of GNOME's documentation is text
only.

But I'll reiterate what I said previously - I don't think that the
switch from video to static images is a significant downgrade.

I don't see static images as a good replacement for videos. You'll be having
hard time trying to explain some concepts without the help of animation.

Can you provide a list of concepts that you think can only be
communicated using video?

Allan