Re: Work in progress documentation design

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:43:59 +0100
Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:

Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
If I interpret that correctly: If the videos received more maintenance
there'd be no reason to potentially remove them, but there's no problem
with having those videos (size, content, etc) per se.

As far as I'm aware, the videos are being actively maintained. The
issue is the amount of work involved in doing that.

And as time goes on, getting started isn't as important as it used to
be.

Could you explain what data this statement is based on?
Testing with new users? Something else?

We're assuming that getting started was primarily intended to help
existing GNOME users migrate to GNOME 3, and that the majority will
have done so.

What about users migrating from other environments and systems? Are we no
longer interested in providing them with a good getting started experience?

But I'll reiterate what I said previously - I don't think that the
switch from video to static images is a significant downgrade.

I don't see static images as a good replacement for videos. You'll be having
hard time trying to explain some concepts without the help of animation.

Cheers,
pk