Re: Docs Status

Thanks all for your responses. If you'd like, you can fill out a quick
survey on the subject:

http://goo.gl/forms/2XvJR3hB6s

On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 16:07 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on generalizing the page-level status tracking we've used
for a few years now to get buy-in from some other projects on a common
documentation lifecycle. Recall ours looks like this:

https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/StatusTracking

And it got non-normatively memorialized in the Mallard spec:

http://projectmallard.org/1.0/mal_info_revision

All of you have been using this for a while now, so I'd like to solicit
feedback on it to see how it could be improved, as well as what works
well right now. Bullet list of questions:

* Are there any statuses on the list you never use?

* Do you find yourself wanting a status that's not on the list? I know
we've used a few ad-hoc statuses at hackfests, but I can't remember what
we used them for.

* Are any statuses confusingly named? I remember "review" wasn't very
popular because it's not an adjective. It's really "ready for review",
but I wanted a succinct word.

* Are any statuses otherwise poorly named? I remember Jim didn't like
"outdated" because it was demotivating to have all your stuff called
outdated once you release. That might be a place for an additional
status. One for "need to check if this is up to date" and one for "we
checked and we know it ain't".

* What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Thanks for the feedback.

--