Re: Brno Docsprint - How to get there

Hi Sindhu,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Sindhu S <sindhu oxf gmail com> wrote:

> Florian has suggested that we take bus directly from Airport to Brno as
> it will save us time and the hassle of traveling from Airport to Prague
> Main Railway station, which is a very good point.

This is okay if you've been to Prague before, but for those who
haven't, it seems a shame not to take advantage of the daylight and
see a bit of the city. Last year André led us on a 3-hour walking
tour, but even a circuitous transit ride would be worth a few crowns.
Let's see what other people want to do.

> 2. Coming back from Brno we can take train to Prague railway station...

It should be no problem to return to Prague as part of a group.

> The reason I ask for plan of domestic travel in advance is because I need
> to carry sufficient amount on me to cover these expenses. I don't want to
> carry too much money as I have read on myczechrepublic website that
> pickpocketing "professionals" (as the website calls it) are often there.

There is a very low risk of this if we're travelling together. In
addition, I plan to have extra small-denomination currency to share
for getting on public transit.

Mike