Re: Brno Docsprint - How to get there

Hi!

I plan to take the Airport Express bus from Prague airport to Prague railway station, from there a train to Brno. I have a few questions regarding this.

I understand there are 3 railway service operators. Two of which are private operated and the other one being Czech railways. Please do correct me if I am wrong! My questions are:

1. What is the average fare in any of these trains to Brno?
2. Which operator is preferred by you?
3. Which operator is the safest (disregard ticket fares)
4. Do ticket issuers/counter salespersons converse in English in Prague railway station?
5. Will I find ATMs (with international debit card allowing) in the vicinity of the train station?

From Brno railway station, how does one take a tram? Where I come from I have never seen/experienced a tram.

1. How does one catch a tram to go to Avanti Hotel?
2. Do trams stop at a stop? (like a tram stop?)
3. What is the expected/ average fare for the tram from Brno station to Avanti Hotel?
4. What are the tram frequencies and timmings?
5. Do tram operators (drivers and ticket collectors) converse in English?

Thank you.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 22:02 +0100, Florian Nadge wrote:
> If you want to see the city first, take the shuttle bus (AE) to the main
> train station and hop onto the underground (short time ticket 0,80 EUR)
> in direction of Kobylisy.
> Get off the next stop at Florenc.

This is technically correct but I'm confused why the text mentions
Kobylisy as it's never been a terminal stop. The underground line
terminates in Letňany which would be the direction to take when going
from the main station (Hlavní nádraží) to Florenc.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/