Re: current and future help

Hi all,

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:39:06 -0500
Michael Hill <mdhillca gmail com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
>
> > The default Yelp window size is actually quite large.
>
> Maybe one size for Getting Started, and another more innocuous size
> for Help While I Work? A smaller window that doesn't obscure what I'm
> actually doing would go well with a context-sensitive menu entry
> rather than an app menu entry.
>
> A full-fledged app taking that much real estate doesn't encourage
> people to quickly consult and dismiss it. It may also raise users'
> expectations and be a continuing burden on the content creator, in
> addition to increasing the package size. ;-)

Yes, I think it's apparent we need different window dimensions for different
purposes. With large videos that are now part of GNOME docs, there is no
reason to stick to one-size-fits-all approach, unless we want to include
videos and large images in every single document in Application / Desktop /
Context help.

Cheers,
Petr Kovar