Re: installation

Hi Edgardo,

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 22:59 -0300, Edgardo Nuske wrote:
> I was trying to install the latest stable release of Evolution in my
> netbook with Ubuntu 10.04 and during the process I was required to have
> already installed gnome-doc-utils >= 0.20.10 in my OS. When I tried to
> get the latest release by Synaptic I couldn't. The package installed is
> 0.20.0 and I downloaded from your website the latest release but I was
> not able to install it also. Is there a problem with my Ubuntu version
> because it is not the latest release?

The basis of Ubuntu 10.04 is more than two years old so it might miss
some newer versions of dependencies (e.g. gnome-doc-utils) that some
newer software versions (e.g. Evolution) have.
You can either try to compile a recent version of gnome-doc-utils
yourself (note that you might run into more such issues), or upgrade
your distribution to a release that includes these newer versions by
default.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed