Re: DH planning meeting

Hi Milo,

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 08:55 +0200, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> > so a Sunday meeting at the usual
> > time would be useful, if people can make it. That would be this Sunday
> > (20th June) at 17:00 UTC.
>
> I don't know if I can make it, but I'll do my best. Summer Sundays I'm
> usually out of town...

OK, shall we skip this week (it's short notice), arrange one for next
week and perhaps advertise the meeting a little on the planets?

> I think we can make it. I'll be more present in the coming weeks
> during evenings UTC time, so we can have an almost continuous presence
> online, weekend is a little bit more difficult for me.
> But if we get the ball rolling, we can have pretty much all the topics
> covered on time.

I was thinking of doing something similar to Ubuntu's "One Hundred
Papercuts" [1]; having a good, up-to-date task list and quick reviews
should encourage new contributors.

> I would like to personally focus on the gnome-shell and the new
> functionality it brings for users: we need to describe those too.

Before we can do this, we need to make sure that new contributors can
get a working version of gnome-shell installed on their computer
relatively easily. There's an Ubuntu PPA, but it was broken last time I
checked. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts