Re: Mallard Article for Gnome Journal

On 11 February 2010 06:52, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm going to write a Mallard article for the next issue
> of the Gnome Journal.  I'm shooting for an broad overview
> of things you can do and why you would do them, without
> digging too much into tutorial-style content.

Great! Although I have use GNOME for some time now, I haven't been
reading the GNOME Journal as often as I should.

> For some of the content, if I think it's a particularly
> interesting thing to show *how* to do it, I may write a
> tutorial on projectmallard.org and link to it from the
> article.

Yes! An article which "documents" the tool used to create GNOME's
documentation would probably put people to sleep if it didn't take a
practical use approach.

I visited the Mallard site recently and noted that there's no content
in the "Tools" section. I just checked again and there's still no
content. Perhaps a few words about the state of Mallard-related tools
could be added?

> I'd also like to mention ideas about where we can take
> Mallard in the future.

As someone who has recently begun supporting a FLOSS project with
documentation (as bet I can), I'm interested in Mallard's use outside
GNOME. We currently use another tool and at the moment it works well
(enough). Perhaps you might mention if/how Mallard can be used by
projects outside GNOME?

On a related point, do I *have* to use capital letters when referring
to GNOME or is it OK to write Gnome (as you have above)?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson