Re: Mallardized Tetravex manual

Hi Jim,

2009/11/3 Jim Campbell <jwcampbell gmail com>:

> I think I noticed this same issue on the Empathy help as displayed in Yelp.
> One of the help sections displays the topics in an order that doesn't make
> logical sense (I think it was the second main section, perhaps about
> creating an account or chatting via IRC).

Yes, you are right.

> I understand that topic based help is supposed to document individual chunks
> of information to the user, and that these chunks should be able to
> stand-alone, but it still seems necessary to present those topics in a
> logical order.  Otherwise, it's confusing to the user.  Suggesting that
> users think about the help differently doesn't really help them.

I agree with you. This is something we probably need to discuss with
Shaun, maybe during (or after) the next team meeting (Sunday 8th
November).

> Milo, is your "hack" to list the preferred order of the other .page files
> from within the index.page file?  That's wha it seems like you are doing in
> the example you provided.

Yes, at the moment the only way to achieve some sort of ordering that
I know of is in that way. Still, topics in a section get sorted
alphabetically by their title.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo casagrande name>